Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Random Comments

Dear blog followers,

I apologize, for not writing in a while, I have got busy, and I will try harder at writing frequently. But I have alot of small things to talk about today so here we go. 

First off, Water.
I am pretty pissed about this one. I enjoy water, and I sometimes prefer it over soda. But when I want water, Im no less thirsty than the guy that wants soda, but somehow the guy that wants soda gets a large cup than me. This is absolute BULLSHIT. So during the course of a meal, I am the one that keeps interrupting the conversation by getting up to refill my dixie cup of water. Or I stay parched. So sometimes when I go to restaurants that do this to me, I order 3 to 4 waters just to avoid the hassle. But then I feel like Im hurting the environment by throwing away so many cups just for myself.  Woah is me! So Im going to fight the water Nazis of the world. The next time this happens, Im going to grab the guy by his shirt collar and say, "Hey asshole, super-size this shit!" ... No in reality I am going to grab my dixie cup and slink away defeated and parched. But we'll see who's laughing when I die of dehydration. I can guarantee you it wont be me. 

Hot dog recap,
So this weekend I visited Grand Rapids. It was a delightful time of bike riding, hearing good music, eating shitty food, and spending my time with good people. During this trip I visited Grand Rapids hot dog hot spot, Yesterdog, located in East Grand Rapids. This place is something special. Besides the fact that I was given a small water their hot dogs seemed to be so shitty they were amazing. I tried two dogs, the Yesterdog and the Cheddardog. Both excellent! I enjoyed the cheddar dog a little more which consisted of dog, bun, chili and cheddar. This dog is one step away from being put in a cup with spoon and a straw, its like liquid going down the throat. The mash up of flavors make this dog a weinner. LOL! But really go here!, its an experience like no other, just bring an extra pair of underwear, because their chili will really go straight through you, it just DEPENDs when. I apologize for the korny jokes. 

Sandwiches,
A friend sent me a link of a blog in which sandwiches are scanned in to a computer. I think it has something to do with art.

Poems, 
I have been reading some poems lately, and enjoying it. Now I am rather new to poetry, so I feel a little strange reading it, but Ill share a Tennyson poem that I enjoyed, and felt had a relation to how I feel about making art. 
Flower In The Crannied Wall.

Flower in the crannied wall.
I Pluck you out of the crannies,
I hold you here, root and all, in my hand,
Little flower --but if I could understand
What you are, root and all, and all in all,
I should know what God and man is.

Music
I got introduced to a pretty funky band that I kind of dig alot. Coco Rosie, 



I dont know if its their best song, but its different and I dig it. 

Also I watched I'm on a Boat by Lonely Island, its a funny song and a funny video.



I enjoyed this video a lot. I hope you do too.


Once again, I apologize for not writing as often, but I am preparing for Berlin and I only have 12 days before my departure and I am trying to get in as much as possible before, my blog goes global. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Also DogFish Head 90 min IPA excellent brew. I would highly recommend it. 


1 comment:

  1. of course you would enjoy scanwiches. you and your food. I'm surprised you're such a skinny guy sometimes. still very jealous about your departure to berlin, and I'm looking forward to your posts while you're there. better take pictures.

    ReplyDelete