Thursday, March 5, 2009

Over indulging means not going for fourths and fifths, right?

Dear fellow exercise junkies,

I am still not one of you, but I am getting there, I think. At least thats what mother tells me.  I went for my second bike ride of the season today and during this bike ride I figured out just how out of shape I really was. I went for all little spin around gull lake, and back. Things were going well until about half way through the ride in which  I hit a hill that was to much and my morale and my energy were taken out of me. I must have looked quite pitiful riding around the lake in my Gerolsteiner spandex's looking all professional and what not, going about 5 to 10mph up those little hills. But on the plus side its only the beginning of the season, and I personally feel as if I got a good workout. So good that I came home and had a big heaping portion of leftover chinese food, oranges, and falafel's. Thats healthy right? Well maybe I will never get to the level of being completely healthy. Maybe its in my genetics to think like a fat man. I got this thought today when I read my brothers new blog (about fat people falling over). And today as I rode those small little hills I felt as if I was a fat man about to fall over and die. But I have hope, because I just read this pretty interesting book called Heft on Wheels, by Mike Magnuson. The book is about Mike that weighed 250 lbs on his 39th birthday and got back into biking. After a year of riding he had dropped down to 175 lbs, and was one of the better bikers out of his field. Its quite the inspirational read, and gives a guy like me, who isnt fat, but has the mind of a fat man,  a little hope that even I can whip my self into shape. Maybe not though. Either way anyone that is even thinking about getting into the health game, I would recommend the book. 


Besides exercise, I am always looking for new ways to enhance my sex appeal and make my self look a little older and more appealing. I am being tired of being stopped by the police and having them think I am only 16 and should be inside before 8:30. I figure if I can look a healthy 19 maybe 20 Ill be happy. So today while riding my bike,  I figured out what I need is a mustache. The thought occurred to me, "Ryan, if you build it, they will come." They meaning the hotties.  Either way, that is my new ploy. 
And Ill be in Chicago this weekend,  so my lent of going out to eat, will have to be put aside for a few days, and I'll have to indulge myself in the wonders of chicago style hot-dogs, falafel's, and bakery foods about once every hour. So much for dieting.

No comments:

Post a Comment