Friday, February 20, 2009

The Land of Milk and Honey

Dear fellow Pilgrims,

I am traveling to my college Mecca this weekend, the University of Michigan. Being someone that decided to go to a small private arts school, I seem to have missed out on a lot. Even though I am perfectly happy where I am, I sometimes wish that I had made the choice to go to a large state school. In my eyes things just seem to be better there. Sandwiches are tastier, (Maze and Blue Deli/ Zingermans), beer is cheeper and more plentiful, women are cheeper and more plentiful(jk, kinda), people are generally more friendly, and the possibilities of parties are endless. Now this is meant to slight Chicago in the least, we have plenty of great sandwiches, tastier beer, more beautiful woman, and I know quite a few really nice, great people. But this isn't a posting about how great the cold and windy city is.  I guess there is something really alluring about UofM, maybe its the 8am parties on game day, with pancakes and cheap keg beer, or getting a huge burrito for $2 when you have no clue what's going on, playing round after round of beer pong, or all the other mysteries UofM unveils. Either way its something really special, and so I found a video and song that sums up how I feel about my time there. 

Anyway this is my Mecca, and I try to make an annual pilgrimage there. However I have many other places and spaces that I love and cherish that I could probably also call Mecca, which some other time I will write about. But please write to me and let me know what your Mecca is and why it is so great. 

So Ladies and Gentleman Party on!

1 comment: